What is a Research Terrier?
A Research terrier is knowledge worker and uses the knowledge of good practice and innovation from working alongside industry and sectors to carry out literature reviews, create reports and creative development with private individuals from within a company and disseminate good practice from within Industry to handle the explosion of information from a board range of business and professional knowledge all in one place to support business improvement.
The benefits of using a Research terrier are as follows;
- Saves you work time while using a research terrier’s knowledge and skills at fixed cost rates (expect for larger projects over 1,500 words – Price available on assessment where we reserve the right to adjust the fixed price)
- Online service requests allow quick placing of orders quick turnaround, deposit of supporting documentation (for literature reviews, creative work) reduces the need for travel time and for on-site meetings.
- Trusted information and data sources used from professional networks, businesses and individuals.
- Work quality assured to the SCOUNL seven pillars of Information Literacy standards, research and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) standards with client confidentiality for individual and commercially sensitive cases to meet client deadlines.
- Increased professional development and business planning knowledge.
- Improves employee performance and motivation for individual staff skill appraisal.
- Increase business output by investing in capability skills and capacity.
- Improved business, organisational and individual Leadership and management approaches.
- Improved whole-life knowledge of the business environment and supply chains at a local, sub-regional and national level.
- Increase competitive advantage/scope of the business, individual or company from knowledge transfer exchange.
A recent article published this week has highlighted the importance social media in contributing towards the local economy and developing cultural, political and social engagement of the communities. Helping to encourage future openness and transparency of public service and encouraging the use of the social media friendly marking of public documents,reports, committee reports to encourage the use of social media as part of daily public service.